The Spoodle is one of Australia's most popular dog breeds. Spoodles are also known as Cockapoos. Our Spoodles have a very soft coat, usually with a beautiful chocolate colour. Spoodles lifespan is approximately 12 - 15 years or more. We specialize in non shedding chocolate Spoodles and are the only breeders of them in Australia. The Spoodle is a hybrid of a Poodle cross English Cocker Spaniel, American Cocker Spaniel or Springer Spaniel. A lot of people are mislead about Spoodles as they all are not non shedding dogs, a Cocker Spaniel crossed with a poodle is most of the time a shedding dog, they have to be at least third or fourth generation to be guaranteed non shedding. The English Cocker Spaniel and Springer Spaniel sheds so first and second generation Spoodles from English Cocker Spaniels and Springer Spaniels are likely to shed as well. For people with allergies or wanting a non-shedding Spoodle we recommend at least a fourth generation Spoodle.
There are 3 sizes of Spoodle we breed.
- TOY SPOODLE
- Height at the shoulder: 20-30 cm (8-12 in)
- Weight: 3-6 kg (6-13 lb)
- MINIATURE SPOODLE
- Height at the shoulder: 30-40 cm (12-16 in)
- Weight: 6-10 kg (13-26 lb)
- MEDIUM SPOODLE
- Height at the shoulder: 40-51 cm (16-20 in)
- Weight: 12-23 kg (26-50 lb)
We specialize in rare chocolate, café and parti. We also breed red, black, cream, golden
and apricot Spoodles.
Common colours are golden, black and apricot.
Spoodle Generational Breed Guide
- 1st generation or F1 – Cocker Spaniel x Poodle.
- 2nd generation or F2 – 1st generation Spoodle x Poodle.
- 3rd generation or F3 – 2nd generation Spoodle x Poodle.
- 4th generation or F4 – 3rd generation Spoodle x Poodle or a Cocker Spaniel (all depends on what coat type we are after)
- Multi generational – 3rd generation Spoodle x 3rd generation Spoodle.
Our Spoodles have a very loyal loving nature and are always willing to please you. Their happy gentle nature makes them an ideal companion. Highly recommended for families, couples or singles. They are a very easy going dog that love playing with humans and other animals.
We are one of the first Spoodles breeders in the world and have been breeding them since
1993. Our Spoodles are REAL Spoodles that have only Cocker Spaniel and Poodle DNA in their
The Spoodle has quickly proven to be a popular family companion due to its loving easy going nature and trainability.
Miniature Spoodle Puppy - Alexia
Miniature Spoodle - Marlene
Miniature Spoodle - Abby